[ Parking industry including major players ]
- The parking tickets have been used continuously in the automatic parking system for managing parking lot.
- However, they have to purchase the parking tickets, and clean the machines and continuous system maintenance.
- Also they need many staffs to manage the parking equipment in the parking lot.
- In addition, there is a limit that can’t prevent illegal parking that some drivers try to by combining parking ticket and monthly card.
- As such, there are well known companies such as SKIDATA, DESIGNA, S&B, and WPS around the world as suppliers of parking management system.
- These companies are also using the LPR technology for their automatic parking system too.
- But they are using only it to a limited solution way of the LPR parking technology for their LPR parking system.
[ Problems of the Parking Ticket System ]
- You will need to purchase parking tickets, and have to pay purchase of the consumables on a regular basis.
- Furthermore the operator of the parking lot had to clean the ticket issuing and reading devices continuously.
- Also the operator had to replace the magnetic heads that issues and reads parking tickets periodically.
- Additionally the parking lot owner had to hire many staffs to manage the parking management system.
- But they can’t prevent illegal usages who combination of a parking ticket and a RF TAG.
[ Various types parking tickets are used for parking lot operation ]
Bar-code parking ticket:
- When a vehicle enters the parking lot entrance, the ticket dispenser issues a parking ticket.
- And the machine issues a parking ticket which was printed bar-code and entry information.
- Also the machine transmits settled information to the management computer or exit reader.
- So the driver scans the settled bar-code parking ticket at the exit machine to exit the parking lot.
- Therefore people can more easily forge bar-coded parking tickets to save on parking fees.
Magnetic parking ticket:
- The ticket dispenser issues a magnetic parking ticket at the entrance when a vehicle enters into the parking lot.
- And the parking management system records settled information on the magnetic field after receiving the parking fee.
- Therefore most manufacturers have produced the magnetic ticket systems traditionally because it is more stable than the bar-code.
- However, the magnetic head need to touch the parking ticket for reading and writing the data.
- So the operator has to replace the magnetic heads often, and if the maintenance is not smooth, the reading and writing error may be issued.
[ RF TAG Tags for managing monthly parking ]
- Traditionally, most parking lots have used the RF TAG to manage monthly vehicles.
- Since this method has operated separately form the revenue management system for visiting vehicles.
- That’s why, some drivers try to get a illegal parking by using a RF TAG and an hourly ticket.
- Because the parking system stores the RF TAG information in the memory, and if the reader reads the RF TAG, the system checks the validity period.
- The RF TAG management basically has the anti pass-back function in order to prevent illegal parking.
- However it can not prevent the illegal use of monthly vehicles in the automatic parking system because a monthly driver can rend the RF TAG to someone.
[ Features of LPR Parking ]
- The LPR parking solution recognizes the license plates of visiting and registered vehicles, and manages them together.
- Especially the automatic parking system using LPR technology has the following features.
- No need parking tickets for consumables
- Non-contact with fast vehicle processing
- Prevention of illegal parking
- Need a minimal maintenance
- Future concept automatic parking system
- A suitable solution for online service such as mobile application
- Displays captured images of entrance and exit
- Since the LPR parking system manages the license plate number and image, it is possible to manage the parking lot accurately.
[ Intermediate level of the LPR parking solution ]
- Suppliers who has lacking in LPR technology can initially provide intermediate level of LPR parking systems.
- So, the intermediate level means that likely they only apply the LPR technology for managing monthly vehicles or preventing illegal.
- According to the capabilities of each company, they may replace the parking ticket system by the LPR technology.
- For example, they can manage customers using LPR technology instead of RF-ID card for managing monthly vehicles.
- In another case, the LPR system can figures out different vehicles by comparing entry and exit vehicle with same parking ticket.
- In other words, it can prevent illegal use with linking the vehicle number to the issued parking ticket by recognizing vehicle number.
- As such, the intermediate level is a step that can be before conversion to a complete LPR parking system.
- Especially the intermediate level does not provide complete data compatibility, so parking lot management is limited.
- Therefore it seems that most European companies are in the intermediate level of the parking system these days.
[ Entire LPR parking solution ]
- The entire LPR parking system manages both registered and visiting vehicles by the license plate recognition.
- In order to implement an entire LPR parking system, you must have a lot of know-how regarding vehicle recognition.
- So, the LPR technology is a method of managing vehicle numbers by taking images and recognizing vehicle numbers.
- Therefore, it is the most important factor to increase the recognition rate of the vehicle number in the LPR automatic parking system.
- In order to operate a parking lot with only LPR technology, it is necessary to take measures against various problems. LPR parking system of DKEE
- Also the LPR parking management system can give a validation with vehicle number or bar-code coupon.
- So, our LPR parking system can analyze the operation situation and troubleshoot the system remotely via the Internet.
Request a quote